The world is diverse; it is made up of people who have different backgrounds, traditions, and beliefs. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) creates a culture where every individual is acknowledged and supported, regardless of their differing background. It helps us to recognize the value in diverse voices, as well as other individual differences, such as gender, race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Ultimately, a diverse workplace will lead to better innovation and success. Through inclusive language and leadership, everyone is encouraged to evolve both personally and professionally.
Many organizations are working towards fostering a workplace culture that is committed to DEI practices and ensuring that every voice is heard. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion course will provide participants with the tools to recognize social biases, respond to microaggressions, as well as provide resources to create a safe and welcoming work environment. With strong team commitment and courage, we can create a sense of belonging for everyone.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly.
This course is designed to help you in the following ways:
• Define diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Explore the dimensions of diversity
• Recognize common social biases and discover ways to overcome microaggressions
• Determine effective communication strategies
• Identify the components of inclusive leadership
• Recognize ways to prioritize DEI in the workplace
• Identify workplace policies and best efforts to foster an inclusive culture
• Successfully encourage respect and belonging